Applications Open for Rhodes International Scholarships at Oxford University
The Rhodes Trust welcomes international students to apply for the Rhodes Scholarships for the class of 2013. The Rhodes Scholarships, perhaps the most prestigious international scholarships in the world, are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional all-round students at the University of Oxford.
A class of 83 Scholars is selected each year from 14 different countries. Students from the following countries are eligible to apply: Kenya, Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica and Commonwealth Caribbean, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and Swaziland), United States, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- The University application fee;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees (£12,516 in 2011-12);
- Private health insurance, currently offered through BUPA;
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
There are very few restrictions on the full-time post-graduate degrees supported by Rhodes Scholarships, but Rhodes Scholars may only undertake the Master of Business Administration or the Master of Financial Economics in the second year of the Scholarship.
Fore more details on the eligibility criteria and the application process, visit the Rhodes Trust website.
great work you doing.