Kenya Diaspora Conference USA 2012: Call for Nominations of Diaspora Projects Impacting Kenya's Development
As you may be aware, the 2012 Kenya Diaspora Conference is scheduled to take place on October 5-7 2012 at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, 300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202. This year’s Conference theme is “Shaping the Destiny of Kenya”. The general objective of the conference is to strengthen the structures that will enable the Kenyan diaspora to participate more effectively in Kenya’s development.
Specifically, the Conference aims to meet the following objectives:
- Facilitate sustained Diaspora participation in shaping the destiny of Kenya;
- Offer the Diaspora the opportunities for participation in economic, social and cultural matters of the country;
- Recognize and celebrate Diaspora successes and achievements; and,
- Extend institutional recognition for individual and community diaspora initiatives and actions that have positively impacted Kenya’s national developmental efforts.
In pursuit of these objectives, the Organizing Committee is calling for nominations of US-based Kenyan diaspora (individual or communal) projects/initiatives that have/are positively impacting Kenya’s development. These nominations will be evaluated for impact and their initiators recognized during the Conference.
The nominations should include the following:
- Brief profile of the project including the date of its establishment, objectives, point of operation in Kenya, and contacts;
- Number of project beneficiaries;
- How the project has transformed the lives of its beneficiaries; and
- The future of the project in the short-term, medium-term and the long term.
Nominators should attach any supporting evidence, including pictures, project briefs, and CDs or DVDs of the project.
Kindly submit this information on or before August 18 2012. Any submissions received after this date will not be considered.
Please send all submissions (marked Nomination of Diaspora Projects) to:
Kenya Diaspora Conference 2012 2249 R St NW
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy to: email@example.com
What did you gain immensely....state one by one..convince me. You paid your fair to get there, paid $75 to listen, ate scarcely...tell us your immense gains and what they mean to you today. Will not attend at all and will hope others don't. The gains were on the fully funded Embassy activity that the Embassy chose to charge wanainchi at cost. Now they want more pocket money? Ain't happening. Boycott is the word.
This is another time wasting affair. The conference A-listers and government functionaries don't have follow up interest or are mteja when concrete information and specifics are needed. They are joy riders who are on the tax payers tab and a mission to shop for $6000 dollar italian suits with a summer vacation schedule.
its better to pay an outstanding bill than attend this meeting by committee to discuss a future gathering.