Kenyan Man Hit and Killed by a Semi-Truck in North Carolina
Adrian Kinyanjui Nuguna of Raleigh, North Carolina was killed early Thursday morning, July 12, 2012 after being hit a by truck.
Adrian had stepped out of his car to help a motorist whose car he thought had stalled on the road and blocked a moving lane. While trying to offer help to, Adrian was hit by an oncoming truck which killed him at the scene. The driver of the car stopped in the middle of the road turned out to be drunk and asleep behind the wheel.
Adrian leaves behind a 6-year-old daughter, Hayden Njuguna and a brother, John Njuguna, also of Raleigh, North Carolina.
Family and friends are requesting for prayers and financial support to help transport the body to Kenya for burial.
Prayer meetings are being held as follows:
- Friday July 13, 2012 from 6pm: Sacred Heart Cathedral, St. Monica Hall, 219 West Edenton Street, Raleigh, 27603.
- Saturday, July 14, 2012: TBA
- Sunday July 15, 2012 starting at 7:45pm: Our Lady of Luourdes, 2718 Overbrook Drive, Raleigh, North Carolina 27608.
- Monday July 16, 2012 from 6pm to 10pm: 2603 Dwight Place Raleigh, NC 27545 (Njuguna’s residence).
Perhaps sharing this will help us mourn/remember our brother/son/uncle/father Adrian:
- As a young child i always held the faith that when my mother went out she will RETURN.
- When she took me to school she came for me so i could RETURN.
- Soon i went to school alone but i always RETURNED.
- I even left the village but always RETURNED.
- I left my country of birth but i always knew/hoped i would RETURN.
- In the US whenever i left my family ALONE they knew one thing , I will RETURN.
- Whenever i was late my family knew one thing I was to RETURN. But on July 12TH 2012 Adrian did not RETURN! So Adrian would say this on the day he did not RETURN.
- My mother , brother , sister in law , co-workers , my family, my neighbors have faith/strength/peace because a day has come that i will not RETURN.
- And on the day that i did not RETURN i want you to know that it is not because i was late, held up in traffic , wasting time NO!
- On the day i did not RETURN i was doing GOOD.I was helping! I chose not to sit and look - i chose to act, i said send me to help a person i did not know. - But for that i did not RETURN.
- And so if this be my last act just a like a computer hung on the last page MY PAGE ETERNAL WILL NOW FOREVER BE ON THIS ACT- DOING GOOD-HOW BLESSED , HOW FULFILLING.
- And so my friends on the day i will not RETURN do not cry/be sad for i ask of you all - on the day you will not RETURN
- what will you have been doing? Strive/choose to do good as i have done for if that be the reason i will not RETURN i am COOL with that.
- And even if i know ADRIAN will not RETURN soon take our greetings and well wishes to our parents gone, to my brothers gone and recently to my dear sister gone for you go where GOOD RESIDES- YOU WILL/HAVE RECEIVED HONORS reserved only for the fewest who choose others and not self- EVEN IF ADRIAN YOU DID NOT RETURN ON THAT FATEFUL DAY.
- And now that it seems this journey/road is one WAY STREET EVEN IF YOU DO NOT RETURN we only have that street to follow when that day comes- YES WHEN WE SHALL NOT RETURN.
Take heart Njoroge , Tata(untie) whose heart is so broken. In GOD we will have strength and the will to endure.
This from Francis, Catherine, Xavier and cucus boy Timothy New Jersey