President Kibaki to Host the Kenya Investment Summit in London on July 31 2012
President Mwai Kibaki, who will be on an official trip to the UK starting July 27 for the official opening of the 2012 Olympics, will host the Kenya Investment Summit at Mansion House in London (the official residence of the Mayor of the City of London) on Tuesday, July 31, 2012.
Dubbed "Kenya at the 30th Olympiad", the one-day forum will highlight the various exciting investment projects in Kenya that are currently underway or planned in the near future and are ready for support, investment and development.
Organized by the Commonwealth Business Council in collaboration with the Government of Kenya and the Lord Mayor of London, the forum will be a unique platform for companies and individuals to interact with top Kenya government and leading private sector officials.
This event will also lead into follow-up projects and activities that will take place at Kenya House in Stratford during the Olympic period (READ: Kenya Diaspora Conference 2012 - London, UK on Jul 28 2012).
Among the Kenyan delegation expected at the Summit are:
• The Hon. Prof. Sam Ongeri MP Minister for Foreign Affairs
• The Hon. Wycliffe Oparanya MP Minister of State for Planning, National Development and Vision 2030
• The Hon. Moses Wetangula MP Minister for Trade
• The Hon. Amos Kimunya MP Minister for Transport
• The Hon. Kiraitu Murungi MP Minister for Energy
• The Hon. Soita Shitanda MP Minister for Housing
• The Samuel Poghisio MP Minister for Information and Communication
• The Hon. Danson Mwazo MP Minister for Tourism
• Mr. Thuita Mwangi, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Mr. Joseph Kinyua, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance
• Dr. Edward Sambili, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Planning, National Development and Vision 2030
• Eng. Abdulrazaq Adan Ali, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Trade
• Mr. Patrick Nyoike, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy
• Dr. Bitange Ndemo, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information and Communication
• Eng. Michael Kamau, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Roads
• Mr. Tirop Kosgey, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Housing
• Ms. Leah Adda Gwiyo, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Tourism
BUSINESS AGENCIES AND ORGANISATIONS
• Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat
• Central Bank of Kenya
• Kenya Commercial Bank
• Kenya Railways Corporation
• Nairobi Stock Exchange
• National Housing Corporation
• Capital Markets Authority
• Tatu City
• Kenya ICT Board
• Kenya Airports Authority
• Geothermal Development Corporation (GDC)
• Brand Kenya Board
• Kenya Investment Authority
Register today at www.cbcglobal.org.
T: +44 (0) 20 7024 8208
Programme & Sponsorship Enquiries
T: +44 (0) 20 7024 8241
Press Enquiries Michael Mandu — Kenya High Commission
T: 020 7636 2371 Ext 202
For more details, including a list of the different roundtables, plenary sessions and presenters, click here.