Will Kenya's Chief Justice Be Neutral On the Presidential Petition?
With the poison letter claims, openly blaming TNA presidential candidates and deep interests in ODM and Mr. Ondinga, can Kenyans expect our chief justice to head our supreme court and make judgement without favour??
Read his bio from the link below.
By Janet Macharia.
The views expressed on this op-ed/blog are solely those of the author and do not reflect the opinions of Mwakilishi News Media, or any other individual, organization, or institution. The content on this op-ed/blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The author himself is responsible for the content of the posts on this op-ed/blog, not any other organization or institution which he might be seen to represent. The author is not responsible, nor will he be held liable, for any statements made by others on this op-ed/blog in the op-ed blog comments, nor the laws which they may break in this country or their own, through their comments’ content, implication, and intent. The author reserves the right to delete comments if and when necessary. The author is not responsible for the content or activities of any sites linked from this op-ed/blog. Unless otherwise indicated, all translations and other content on here are original works of the op-ed/blog author and the copyrights for those works belong to the author.
Kenya cannot afford to go back to the heated campaign mode just because someone will not accept defeat. It's like a candidate insisting that the national exam be nullified and resat becuase there were a few technical problems here and there e.g. exam papers not delivered to Mandera on time etc otherwise they would have come first in the exam. Mutunga can have friends but he should remember that the high court does not belong to the Ford Foundation or his friends. He should remember that he was appointed to serve Kenyans and ultimately he is unswerable to God....Prov 11.1.
In any case I think Mutunga has one vote and if a majority of the bench dismiss the case, then Mutunga might as well agree with them and encourage Raila to go run for Presidency overseas where there are "perfect" electoral commisions. Njoki Ndung'u should get back from maternity leave NOW! and be on the bench and Lawal should also be sworn in tomorrow so she can also be on the bench to solve this case. NSIS should watch Mutunga and see whofrom foreign countries will be trying to tell him to forment chaos in Kenya by favoring Raila.
Mutunga, just read the mood of the country and dismiss the case. How does a candidate who'se been left by a gap of over 800,000 votes expect the judiciary to declare him winner? Why not just look at the tyranny of numbers and go back home silently. We are praying that this case be dismissed so Kenyans live in peace. Everyone has accepted the outcome as free and fair and Raila should not drain out the few remaining drops of respect that he might still have. The Bible says that everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial. Just because an elcetion petition is permissible does not mean it is beneficial for Raila to file one, especially in a country where election-time peace is fragile. Isn't Raila seeing that his fake cases to ICC are crumbling before the whole world??? This after he and his team caused Muthaura to lose his job and go through hell for something he did not do! Raila should just let peace prevail and ignore the sycophants like Orengo, Mutula Kilonzo, Oraro etc
If the supreme court votes for re-run after Raila lost with over 800,000 votes, it would be well deserved for the following reasons.
- Raila loses a second election in less than one year with all his cronies in his boots both in Kenya and abroad.
- It will help us identify supreme court judges including CJ who is a close confidant of Raila on where their patriotism rest- in kenya or with their foreign masters.
- This will help us reshape our supreme court with persons of integrity who shall look for Kenya first and look for Kenya at every moment of their tenure. This will help us do away with some rotten fish that may taint all fish in the basket (Kenya). Kenya is for Kenyan and those "political diplomats" need to first be Kenyan before they can start advocating on political patronage while they are not Kenyan.
- From the word go, the oncoming Kenyan government must make it clear to every diplomat that once you engage in Kenyan political campaigns and take sides in elections and just try to infleunce Kenyan elections one way or the other, all Kenyan outposts all over the world must be notified of personna nongrata status if and when those diplomats go to their homes for vacation or otherwise that they are not coming back to Kenya for any business. It will be the last time to see Kenya. They will only read of Kenyan stories when they are outside Kenya. It cannot be business as usual for Kenyan diplomats to act diplomatically while their counterparts are behaving unidiplomatically. We cannot allow diplomats to be in Kenya to campaign for certain candidates. President-elect Uhuru Kenyatta, take note of this. We do not need political diplomats to shape our destiny. We can do without them. As soon as they take sides with any political wing in our country, they must get out willingly or through personna non-grata to be applied when and any time they travel out of the Country.
- It is high time that the African Union must come out and state the pulling out of Africa from ICC with a resolution that binds every country, state, territoty, or region of Africa. Bensouda why are you prosecuting your fellow brothers and sisters without proof? Yours is a court presided by judges who are out to see black men and women go down the drain
Read Jedayi Frazier's article elsewhere on www.mwakilishi.com.