Over 10 Families in Nairobi’s Zimmerman Estate in Agony over Missing Children
Residents of Nairobi’s Zimmerman estate have raised alarm over mysterious disappearances of their children.
Citizen TV reported that more than 10 kids have been reported missing in the area over the past four weeks.
The latest such incident is that of 12-year-old Stacey Wambui, who went missing on Thursday after she walked out to dispose of garbage.
“Wherever we have gone thinking that our friends will help locate Stacey, we find them reeling from the pain of losing their child mysteriously,” Stacey’s father Stephen Kiarie said.
Not far from Stacey’s home, the family of three-year-old Frankline Mwangi is desperately searching for their son, who disappeared earlier this week.
Frankline’s parents James Mwangi and Loise Mwangi are in agony over his kidnapping in broad daylight at a shopping center.
“We pray that our son is safe. he went missing on Monday at around 10:00 am. If only we would get our child back…” a distraught Mwangi said.
In the same estate, another family is also looking for their son Abraham Nhial, a high school student who went missing three weeks ago.
His cousin Isaiah John said Nhial disappeared during the recent school midterm break after he went out for a shave.
“We are just trying to look for him. We are not sure whether he is alive or not. Not a single day have we got any news about him,” John said.
Accusing police of laxity, residents want the government to beef up security in the area amid rising cases of kidnappings.
“I appeal to CS Matiangi and Inspector General Mutyambai to ensure officers who have lasted more than five years be transferred. It means they have been sleeping on the job,” Julius Ondiek, a resident, said.
Residents said none of the missing children have been traced despite reports filed at Kasarani police station. It also emerged that none of the affected families have been contacted to offer a ransom.