It is with profound sadness that we announce the death of our beloved Prof. Joseph Karanja Kimani (Wa Julia) on Friday August 13th, 2021 in Baltimore MD.
He was a professor in Economics at Morgan State University in Baltimore, MD for 51 years.
He was son of late Kimani Karanja and Julia Nyambura. Sibling to the late Ignatia Wairimu Njau, late Peter Mwangi and late John Mburu. Father to Julia Nyambura and Christopher Kimani.
He was a beloved uncle to Peter Wanjihia Njau and Charles Mwangi Njau of Baltimore among others, grandfather and great grandfather to many.
Prof. Kimani will be laid to rest in Kariua, Muranga County, Kenya.
Family and friends in Maryland will hold virtual Zoom prayer meetings on Monday (August 16th), Wednesday (August 18th), and Friday (Augusth 20th) from 7-8pm all days.
Zoom Meeting Link:
Meeting ID: 857 2056 1008
Memorial Service will be held on Saturday 8/21/2022 at St. Mathews Catholic Church, located at 5401 Loch Raven Blvd, Baltimore, MD 2123
- 9 9:00 – 9:45 - Viewing
- 9:45 – 10:55 - Tributes
- 11:00am - Mass in person and Live Stream - Joseph Kimani Memorial
Monetary support for the funeral can be sent to the following:
- Peter Wanjihia - Cash App $PeterNjau
- Charles Njau - Cash App $CharlesNjau1; 443-220-2992
- Nancy Kihu - Cash App $NancyKihu; 443-564-0861, or Zelle - 443-564-0861
- Checks - payable to Peter Njau
For more information contact:
- Pastor Mugwe: 410-236-5401
- Peter Wanjihia: 443-600-0356
- Charles Mwangi Njau: 443-220-2992
- Eva Warigia Wanjihia: 443-600-0451
- Dionisiah Mwaura: 410-262-2653
- Nancy Kamau: 410-800-3634
- Dr. Nelly Kangethe: 443-527-4571
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7